Large and lovely flowers with broad petals that fade from violet-purple to lavender-blue. Beautiful paired with pastel pinks and particularly striking when combined with the oranges and golds of autumn. As with other dahlias, the more flowers you cut, the more flowers you get.
•Bushy Plants With 4-6" Blooms
•Outstanding For Bouquets
•Flowers Summer Through Fall
SCIENTIFIC NAME Dahlia
COMMON NAME Dahlia
VARIETY Blue Bell
PLANT TYPE Tuber
LIGHT Sun,Partial Sun/Shade
BLOOM TIME Summer thru Fall
WHEN TO PLANT Spring
HOW TO PLANT DAHLIAS
- Planting Instructions : 2" deep and 18 - 24" apart
- Soil Moisture : Well drained
- Will Tolerate : Clay Soil;Loamy Soil;Sandy Soil
- Pruning Instructions : Remove spent flower heads to encourage more blooms and maintain a neat appearance.
- Winter Care : Dahlias are not hardy. Dig the tubers in fall and store in dry peatmoss in a cool, dry and frost free location. Dry tubers for a few days (preferably outside) before storing!
- Planting Depth : 2" deep
- Watering Requirements : Average water needs. Water regularly, do not overwater
- Fertilization Requirements : Once per year
- Special Care : Not needed